KaleidaGraph Software Updates
Software updaters are offered free of charge to all registered users. An update is any software release that corrects existing problems in the software or makes functional adjustments to its features.
KaleidaGraph 4.5.2 Updaters
This update builds on the rock solid performance and reliability that customers are already enjoying with KaleidaGraph 4.5 by addressing a few important issues reported by customers. NOTE: These updaters will only work if you have v4.5 already installed and personalized on your computer. They cannot be used to update the demo version of the software.
Mac v4.5.2 updater – This version fixes the problem under OS 10.9.2 where the program could crash when saving a file in a different format. Note: This update is intended for OS 10.9 users, and will not run unless you have OS 10.7 or later.
Windows v4.5.2 updater – This version addresses a few minor issues in the Plot Script and Variable Selection dialogs. If you have v4.5.0, this would also fix a problem where you could get an error when opening an Excel file that has a .xls file name extension.
Windows users: You should be logged in as the admin when running this updater.
Macintosh users: If you get an error launching the updater saying “Your security preferences allow installation of only apps from the Mac App Store and identified developers,” control-click the application and choose Open. Click the Open button in the warning dialog that appears.
Make a note of your serial number before running the updater. You will need to enter it the first time you launch v4.5.2. The serial number is a number – it does not contain any letters.
KaleidaGraph 4.1.1 (Windows) and 4.1.3 (Macintosh) Updaters
This update builds on the rock solid performance and reliability that customers are already enjoying with KaleidaGraph 4 by addressing the most important issues reported by customers. NOTE: These updaters will only work if you have v4.0.x already installed and personalized on your computer. They cannot be used to update the demo version of the software.
- Added support for the Intel Macintosh. The installer will install the correct version based on the processor in your computer.
- Bitmap file export such as BMP, GIF, JPEG, PNG, and TIFF now uses QuickTime to generate the export files. As a result, several new options are available for some of the formats such as byte ordering, LZW compression, and variable JPEG export quality.
- The Help file is now in a different format. QuickHelp is no longer needed to view the Mac Help file and the WinHelp program is no longer needed under Windows.
- The v4.1.3 Mac updater fixes a problem where the program could crash when trying to choose the Open, Save, or Print commands under OS 10.7.2 or later. It could still crash under OS 10.9.2 or later when trying to save files in a different format. This is fixed in the v4.5.2 update.
Vista and Windows 7 users: The updater may find multiple license files on your computer. Try using the license files in the Users area first (within the VirtualStore directory). If you try using the one in the Program Files / KaleidaGraph 4.1 directory, it may tell you that a valid license file was not found. The security features in Vista prevent the updater from using this file.
Macintosh users: Make a note of your serial number before running the updater. You will need to enter it the first time you launch v4.1. The serial number is a number – it does not contain any letters.
KaleidaGraph 3.6 Updater for Macintosh
- Version 3.6.5 of KaleidaGraph for Macintosh addressed problems with OS 10.3 (Panther). This updater will look for an existing copy of version 3.6 or newer.