The ideal software bundle for scientists
What would be your ideal bundle for science? Here is a list we came up with. We have tried to target a general scientist, and have not included any domain specific products. We have tried to include a package to target each of the most common activities of a scientist: personal organization, diagramming, data storage, text editing, reading and storing literature, plotting results, digitalizing data, and writing articles.
- OmniFocus – personal organization
- OmniGraffle – diagramming
- Bento – data storage
- TextMate – text editing
- Papers – reading and storing literature
- KaleidaGraph – plotting results
- GraphClick – digitalizing data
- Scrivener – writing articles
I’m sure there are lots of programs I have forgotten, or programs listed above that others will disagree on. Contact on Twitter or Facebook and we will continue the discussion.