In earlier versions, there aren’t any commands available that will simply apply a curve fit to a plot. The only way this can be automated in earlier versions is to open a saved Plot Script from within a #SCRIPT command. If the Plot Script points to an existing plot that has a curve fit applied, any plots created will also have the same curve fit applied. Here are the steps to do this:
- Open or create a plot that has the desired appearance and curve fit applied.
- From the Windows menu, choose the Plot Script command.
- In this dialog, select the plot from Step 1 in the Graphic Template pop-up menu.
- Click on the Clear All button if any groups are listed in the Plot Script window.
- Save the script using the Save Script As command from the File menu. A copy of the plot will be saved at the same time.
- Include the commands to open this plot script in your #SCRIPT command. Any plots generated by the #SCRIPT will be identical to the original plot and will have the curve fit applied automatically.
Posted in: Formula Scripts