Outliers are used in the calculations for the Box plot. Removing outliers changes the entire plot. You do not have any control over the marker used to represent outliers.
- Median – The data value located halfway between the smallest and largest values.
- Upper Quartile (UQ) – The data value located halfway between the median and the largest data value.
- Lower Quartile (LQ) – The data value located halfway between the median and the smallest data value.
- Interquartile Distance (IQD) – The distance between the Upper and Lower Quartiles (UQ – LQ).
- Outliers – Points whose value is either: greater than UQ + 1.5 * IQD or less than LQ – 1.5 * IQD.
Posted in: Stat Plots