Exporting: KG Mac to Mac application
In v4.5, it is possible to export TIFF images with a maximum resolution of 1400 dpi (Mac) and 800 dpi (Windows).
Why am I unable to ungroup a plot that is copied and pasted under OS 10.6 (or later) or imported into Office?
- As of OS 10.6, the PICT format has been deprecated by Apple. When an application copies a PICT file to the Clipboard, it is converted to a TIFF file by the OS. You will not be able to paste an image into another program and ungroup the image.
- One workaround is to save the PICT file to disk and import this into the application. This will not work in Office 2008 or later. Office converts these images upon import as well.
- You can also use the Print command to create a PDF image of the plot. This can be imported into programs like EazyDraw and Illustrator and be ungrouped.
- Plots can be saved as PDF images using the Print Graphics command and choosing Save As PDF within the Print dialog. Plots saved in this manner will be centered on a full page.
- If you want the PDF file to be the same size as the original plot (without taking up a full page), copy the plot, paste it into the Preview application that comes with OS X, and export it from Preview in a PDF format.
In v4.5, all of these images can be exported with a maximum resolution of 1400 dpi (Mac) and 800 dpi (Windows).