- Try installing directly into the Applications directory. You cannot install it at the root level of the Macintosh HD or you will get this error.
- You may not have administrator access or the permissions are not set properly on one of the directories. You can use the following steps to repair the permissions:
- Open the Disk Utility application (/Applications/Utilities).
- Click the First Aid tab.
- Select the Max OS X volume.
- Click Repair Disk Permissions. Quit Disk Utility when finished.
Posted in: Installation & Launch